The roles of Tanzania Airports Authority are:
- To operate, manage, maintain and develop airports in Tanzania mainland in a professional and cost effective manner.
- To provide comfortable, efficient and secure services and facilities for the movement of passengers and cargo in its airports thereby giving a positive image of the country to the outside world.
- To give technical advice to the Government on the development of airports.
- To ensure that the Government’s airport policies, regulations, procedures and international standards are implemented accordingly.
- To advice the Government on national and international aspects of airport management.
- To support national economic development by providing the necessary airport infrastructure, facilities, and services.