Tanzania Airports Authority was established on 29th November 1999 vide Government Notice Number 404 of 1999 under the Executive Agency Act Number 30 of 1997. The Authority assumed the functions of the former Directorate of Aerodromes under the Ministry of Communications and Transport currently the Ministry of Transport. The establishment of the Agency is part of the Government efforts in changing the public service structure which is geared towards improving service delivery.
The Vision of TAA is to become a model in the provision of airport facilities and services in Eastern Africa.
The mission of Tanzania Airports Authority (TAA) is to provide high quality airport services and facilities in a most cost-effective manner.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Customer focus
- Staff development
- Transformational leadership
- Safety and Security
The roles of Tanzania Airports Authority are:
- To operate, manage, maintain and develop airports in Tanzania mainland in a professional and cost effective manner.
- To provide comfortable, efficient and secure services and facilities for the movement of passengers and cargo in its airports thereby giving a positive image of the country to the outside world.
- To give technical advice to the Government on the development of airports.
- To ensure that the Government’s airport policies, regulations, procedures and international standards are implemented accordingly.
- To advice the Government on national and international aspects of airport management.
- To support national economic development by providing the necessary airport infrastructure, facilities, and services.